1. to forsake completely; desert; leave behind: to abandon a baby; drivers had to abandon their cars.
2. (Nautical Terms) abandon ship the order given to the crew of a ship that is about to sink to take to the lifeboats
3. to give up completely: to abandon a habit; to abandon hope.
4. to yield control of or concern in; relinquish: to abandon office.
5. to give up (something begun) before completion: to abandon a job; the game was abandoned.
6. to surrender (oneself) to emotion without restraint
7. (Insurance) to give (insured property that has suffered partial loss or damage) to the insurers in order that a claim for a total loss may be made
8. freedom from inhibitions, restraint, concern, or worry: she danced with abandon.
As I was in my backyard this morning I was thinking of this word that was given to us by Henry Lohmeyer for today.
1. It didn't take me long before I saw the word within a couple of feet from each other. In a succulent that has been abandoned of water at this time of year in the desert.
2. In quail eggs that were abandoned by the adult quail. This is always a disappointment for me when I see this but it is Mother Nature. Alas, only another couple of feet I had 14 baby quail eggs that hatched a couple of weeks ago.
3. Another word more personal, a couple of family watches on both sides of the family, husbands and my parents. A time gone by to remind me that time is slipping away so make the most of it everyday.
4. I also have been abandoning black and whites which I always love and want to practice more, no TIME like the present.
Fuji Xt1 + Velvet 56